On Sep 13, 1944, a princess from India lay dead at Dachau concentration camp. She had been tortured by the Nazis, then shot in the head. Her name was Noor Inayat Khan. The Germans knew her only as Nora Baker, a British spy who had gone into occupied France using the code name Madeline. She carried her transmitter from safe house to safe house with the Gestapo trailing her, providing communications for her Resistance unit.
Oh my God, yes. Let’s talk about Noor Inayat Khan.
- Wireless operators in France had a life expectancy of six weeks. Noor was actively transmitting for over three times as long.
- While she was in France, every other wireless operator in her network was slowly picked off until she was the last radio link between London and Paris. It was “the most dangerous and important post in France”.
- She was offered a way back to Britain and refused.
- In fact, in her transmissions to London, she once said that she was having the time of her life, and thanked them for giving her the opportunity to do this.
- She was captured by the Gestapo, but never gave up: she made three attempt escapes. One involved asking to take a bath, insisting on being allowed to close the door to preserve her modesty, and then clambering onto the roof of the Gestapo HQ in Paris.
- Her last word before being shot was, “Liberté!”
The term BAMF was coined for such persons.
Her entire life, and her mother’s life as well, are FASCINATING. A Royal, Muslim, Anglo-Indian woman in WWII… Could we have a sweeping FACTUAL movie please. Like now?
Yet another story I would like to read.
You guys! There IS A MOVIE!
Enemy of the Reich: The Noor Inayat Khan Story
how about that last gif though
I have no idea who this youtuber is but he makes an excellent point that people like my father and my sister can’t seem to understand. People CAN be bisexual and it doesn’t mean you’re some sexual deviant or that you just can’t decide which “side” you’re on. I think maybe that the label has been tainted itself by many fully homosexual people using it as a cushion for the whole coming out process but it does still exist on its own. People need to understand that so many things in life including sexual orientation aren’t always so black and white. Labels are for soup cans- anyways, check him out lol
Last Sunday during the Red vs White Scrimmage this young boy had his faced pressed to the glass right when Kyle Quincey shoved Pavel Datsyuk into the boards. His grandmother got this great photo, which is now Pavel’s cover photo on Facebook.
Bryz with the save of the year - catching a falling mic.
Patrice Bergeron’s hockey history in infographic form. Not too bad.
So I needed a way to alert the class that I was going to be showing graphic pictures of genitals on my presentation so I decided that putting this on the slide before would work
I want this on a shirt.
Please, I want this on underwear